Fishstock Music Series Concert Schedule
Weekly for the 2021 Summer Season
2021 Concert Season
See the Fishstock Music 2021 Season Guidelines Below
All Donations gratefully accepted.
Handpicked Bluegrass Band
AUG 1, Handpicked Bluegrass Band, 7 p.m. Handpicked Bluegrass Band is a high energy band playing contemporary and traditional bluegrass. Besides top- notch instrumental work, the band prides itself on tight vocal harmonies spearheaded by lead vocalist Sue Cronick. Their latest project Moonshine Lonesome Man features 10 original tunes. The band has won numerous awards and have appeared in multiple prestigious festivals throughout the US. You will leave this show with a smile on your face and a bounce in your step.
AUG 8, Heather Styka, 7 p.m. Heather Styka dances where others fear to tread, gleefully cutting to the truth with gutsy vulnerability. She combines the lyrical intricacy of folk with a catchy melodic pop sensibility and the grit of classic country in songs that are smart and disarming. Call it folk, call it Americana, call it alt-country, but Styka’s heartfelt croon draws as much inspiration from classic warblers such as Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald as it does from Shawn Colvin and Eva Cassidy. Heather cuts to the truth with gutsy vulnerability. With a heartfelt croon that brings to mind Billie Holiday and Patsy Cline, Styka combines the liquid intensity of folk with a catchy melodic pop sensibility and the grit of classic country in songs that are smart and disarming.
AUG 15, John Ford-Coley, 7 p.m. There are songs you hear in your life that transport you to a certain time period or give you a special feeling. Songs like “I’d Really Love to See You Tonight”, “Love is the Answer”, “Nights Are Forever Without You”, and many more. These songs and numerous others have made John Ford Coley a singing legend. John is most revered as half of the Grammy Nominated duo England Dan and John Ford Coley. He has performed with a myriad of famous musicians, written music for several movies, and has acted in several movies. Classically trained on piano and an avid guitarist, John loves the craft and enjoys every audience he encounters.
AUG 22, Janet Planet, 7 p.m. The blend of Janet’s voice and her band create a wonderful version of jazz and standards. Janet is such an exemplary vocal artiste that anything she graces with her vocal chords benefits… She can sing sweet and pretty– but she can also come on strong with a big voice that never wavers out of control. She is a six time WAMI winner and inducted into the WAMI hall of fame in 2014. Her international performances include; Japan, Europe, South Africa and Russia. In 2017 she was nominated for a Grammy. Janet is a Performer, producer, teacher, recording artist, voice over talent and part of Lawrence University’s jazz faculty
AUG 29, Jimmy Davis, 7 p.m. With a career that has spanned four decades and traversed more than a million miles and several continents, singer-songwriter Jimmy Davis is the literal embodiment of the much too often used term “Troubadour”. Jimmy’s songs have been recorded by multiple recording artists. He has also recorded with numerous major recording artists. It’s Jimmy’s warmth, charisma and talent as a writer – performer that endear him to his well- known peers. This Memphis, Tennessee native, who first graced local stages at age 9, brings an infectious enthusiasm to every performance. He was named “Premier male Vocalist” by the Memphis chapter of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.
Eric Lewis & Friends
SEPT 5, Eric Lewis & Friends, 7 p.m. Eric Lewis and friends return to Fishstock for the final Gala event of the season. Eric is from Memphis and has won the Best String Player award multiple times. He is originally from East Tennessee, where he grew up listening to his Grandpa playing the banjo and his mother playing the guitar. He is a lover of multiple musical genres and is proficient in many. You will be richly rewarded by his performance and the extremely talented musicians that surround him.
2021 Season Guidelines
- All events will go on sale at noon on the Sunday two weeks prior to the concert.
- Tickets will be on sale the day on the event at 5:30 at the box office at the venue. (cash and check only).
- Tickets will be sold online through Doorcountytickets.com (credit card).
- These tickets will not be sold after noon on the day of performance (they will be available at the box office).
- Tickets from last year can be presented at the box office for this years' event (the tickets can also be refunded or donated to Fishstock).
- Refunds for last year's tickets from Brown Paper tickets can be had through their website/refunds.
- Seating is first come first served. We cannot sell by location due to Covid.
- Masks are required.
- Seating and whether the concert will happen is based on recommendations by the County and State Health Departments.
- We will follow recommendations of the above organizations for seating placement, etc.
- There will be no refreshments served due to covid.
- See this website (fishstockmusic.com) for update changes by the health department and concert events.
- The Fishstock Music phone (414) 421-5555 will be operational from 6/3 - 9/15.
All Donations gratefully accepted.